Our Parents Association
Welcome to Friends of Dallington
Friends of Dallington is the parents’ organisation that supports Dallington School. It is run by and for parents and all parents are automatically members.
We encourage you, your nannies and family to please get involved. We provide opportunities for parents to get together and share information; and we organise fundraising and social events for individual year groups and the whole school.
The 2018-19 event calendar is already set, so mark your calendars.
April 2019 update about FoD Investments & Upcoming Events.
What we do
- We run social events for individual year groups and the whole school, including the Christmas party, class discos, book swaps/cake sales and nursery welcome parties
- We run fundraising events like the Summer Fete, Raffle and Quiz Night
- We use our funds to add to school resources; help fund class trips and the Year 6 leavers party; and fund school social events
- We consult with staff and parents to prioritise our spending – in 2018-19 we hope to work with school to update science and IT resources and purchase new playground equipment
We need parents and carers to get involved, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer as little or as much time as you can:
- Attend FoD meetings once a term (1 hour, 3 times a year)
- Volunteer for a one-off item (less than 1 hour)
- Help with an event (a few hours over a number of days)
- Regular commitment (a few hours a term)
- Become a class rep or share the job with a friend (1-2 hours a month)
Elected FoD Committee
- Chair Leora Neidle, also represents FoD on the Dallington School Board of Governors
- Co-Secretaries Emma Yarwood and Elisabeth Field
- Treasurer Gema Sainz, stepping down at the end of this year - we need a new volunteer
- Support the class community and work closely with FoD
- Gather and circulate class contact lists (useful for after school get togethers, play dates, birthday parties, coordinating school runs or getting help if you’re running late to pick-up)
- Organise class social events and coordinate with FoD on school-wide events
- Collect donations towards class teacher presents
We look forward to working with you,
Friends of Dallington