Lower Nursery 3-4 Years
Foundation Stage 1
This is where life at Dallington begins! Our Nursery is on the Register of Good Practice and the children in our Nurseries are taught by qualified teachers working with NVQ3 qualified assistants.
We work as a team to provide a wide and diverse curriculum to suit all the children. We work within the Foundation Stage Curriculum and aim to provide a safe and secure environment for the children's first year at school.
During the Foundation Stage, children are introduced to the bases of all future learning in a creative, exploratory and non-judgmental manner. It is at this stage, of course, where the early acquisition of independent literacy, numeracy and research skills are introduced in a naturally progressive manner.
Upper Nursery 4-5 Years
Foundation Stage 2
During their time in Upper Nursery, the children are encouraged to participate in activities to help them achieve The Early Learning Goals as set out in the Early Years Profile. The children are introduced to swimming, dance, French, music and sports taught by specialist teachers on a weekly basis.
The atmosphere we create is a happy, supportive and stimulating one, where each child is a valued individual.
If you like the idea of a school that feels more like a lovely home; teachers who always go the extra mile; a genuinely stimulating and artistic environment, then you won't find better than Dallington.
Why Choose Dallington?
- Led by Ted Wragg Lifetime Achievement award winner Mogg Hercules (Founder and Headteacher) in the heart of London since 1978
- We have never been unsuccessful in placing a child in a setting that matches their skills and abilities
- Most children gain a place at one of the highly competitive independent London day schools
- Literacy, numeracy and research skills are introduced in a naturally progressive manner
- We offer a rich and varied curriculum; Upper Nursery children are introduced to Swimming, Sports, Dance, French and Music by specialist teachers